In partnership with Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation, Emami Art, and Charles Wallace India Trust, Delfina Foundation welcomes applications from artists based in India for a 12-week residency in London, taking place from 2 April – 23 June 2024.
Each year, Delfina Foundation runs four three-month residency seasons. These residency seasons are dedicated to ‘open’ independent research or to ‘thematic’ collective research around a specific issue or idea. This residency will take place during our ‘open’ spring season 2024.
About Delfina Foundation
Delfina Foundation is dedicated to facilitating artistic exchange and developing creative practice through residencies, partnerships and public programming. Our residency programme supports artists, curators and thinkers to collectively explore specific themes or to independently engage in open research. A one-minute introduction video to Delfina Foundation can be watched here.
Alongside offering practitioners time and space to develop their work, Delfina Foundation residencies offer a programme that includes:
- Opportunities to meet and engage with artists, curators, academics and researchers through organised presentations, studio visits, events and meals;
- Professional development activities including: presentations and crits, portfolio reviews, and mentoring activities to strengthen the artistic practice;
- Collaborative exchange between residents through informal gatherings, crits and meals; and
- Guided visits to museums, galleries, non-profits, artist run spaces and studios, as well as trips to institutions outside London.
TRAVEL AND LIVING SUPPORT
The selected applicant will receive a twelve-week residency at Delfina Foundation, including:
- A return economy-class flight
- Airport transfers in the UK
- Reimbursement of visa fees (if required)
- A living allowance of £30 per day
- A materials budget of £1000
- A travel pass for London’s public transport network 2
- A single bedroom with a desk at Delfina Foundation, a house which hosts up to 8 residents with shared facilities, including: bathrooms, laundry rooms, a kitchen, library and dining room
Applicants must be:
- Based in (living and working in) India
- An Indian citizen not restricted from travelling abroad
- Under 40 years of age
- An artist working in the field of contemporary art
- Seeking an opportunity to develop their practice
- Able to explain how the experience of an international residency will be of benefit, not only to their own artistic development but also to their local networks
- Proficient in English
In addition, applicants must commit to providing a written report to Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation and/or Charles Wallace India Trust and Emami Art upon completion of the residency, if required.
And applicants should not have received any grant from Charles Wallace India Trust in the last five years.
To apply, please complete and submit the application form.
Application deadline: Sunday, 19 November 2023, 23:59 GMT
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to an online interview during the week of 27 November 2023.
All applicants will be notified of the panel’s decision by mid-December 2023.
Soumya Sankar Bose
Delfina Website: https://www.delfinafoundation.com/