The Inlaks India Foundation invited applications for the selection of Fellowships for Indian Classical Music (Hindustani Raag Sangeet and Carnatic Music). This fellowship was intended to help vocal musicians in their formative years to develop their creative talent.
About the award:
Applications were invited from young vocal musicians to either:
- Pursue additional training with a musician (vocalist or instrumentalist), other than one’s regular guru or with artists from other areas of performance.
- Undertake performance-related research (Including language and poetry) that enriched their own practice.
- A combination of the above.
- The award was a sum of Rs.1, 20,000/- (Rupees One Lakh Twenty Thousand Only) for a period of one year.
- The fellowships numbered around 2-3, depending on the merit of the applications received.
- The fellowship was for Indian citizens, residing in India, practicing vocal music in the Indian classical tradition.
- The recipient could not be hold a similar /government scholarship or award during the same tenure.
- The fellowship was for applicants below the age of 30 years on 31st December in the year of application.
- Kriteka Iyer
- Nirbhay Saxena
- Radhika Poduval
- Ashok Viswanathan
- Shatavisha Mukherjee
- Anjana Rao
- Deepika V
- Anagha Bhat
- Siddhartha Jagannath