ABOUT THE AWARD
The Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation has been supporting innovative work in research and scholarship for more than four decades. The Inlaks Research Travel Grant assists registered PhD. students at Indian universities to undertake short-term visits to institutions abroad to collect material, use facilities and consult experts.
The applicant must
- Be a registered PhD candidate at an Indian university for at least two years but not more than four years at the time of the application.
- Have a first class degree at the Bachelor’s (Honours) and Master’s level.
- Must be under 35 years of age as on 31 December in the year of application.
- Be an Indian citizen, currently resident in India.
- The award is given only in Humanities and Social Sciences related subjects
- The award offers financial support for a maximum of 3 months at an university/institution/library abroad and includes:
- An air-fare allowance (reimbursable max GBP 700)
- Maintenance expenses at a modest rate
- The material allowance which includes funds to procure material and to make copies of the relevant literature will be paid on actuals on furnishing details of vouchers/expenses.
- Any material collected by the candidate using the said allowance (books, copies, instruments etc.) will become the property of the candidate’s institution for wider use.
- All this material must carry a statement regarding the support received from the Inlaks Research and Travel Grant
- The grant must be utilized within nine months from the date of award.
- The candidate will be expected to go through a two-tier selection process.
- A first round of short-listing on the basis of the written evidence submitted.
- An interview either in person or over zoom with a panel of experts
- The candidates short-listed for the interview will be informed by mid November 2020. The final interviews will be held either November or December 2020.