The Inlaks India Foundation invites applications for the selection of Fellowships for Indian Classical Music (Hindustani Raag Sangeet and Carnatic Music) 2019. This fellowship is intended to help vocal musicians in their formative years to develop their creative talent.
About the award:
Applications are invited from young vocal musicians to either:
- Pursue additional training with a musician (vocalist or instrumentalist), other than one’s regular guru or with artists from other areas of performance.
- Undertake performance-related research (Including language and poetry) that enriches their own practice.
- A combination of the above.
- The award is a sum of Rs.1, 20,000/- (Rupees One Lakh Twenty Thousand Only) for a period of one year.
- The fellowships could number around 2-3, depending on the merit of the applications received.
Please do not apply for this fellowship if your aim is to pursue purely academic or doctoral research or continue working with your existing guru/teacher or in your existing teaching institution. If you propose to undertake research, please explain how this would enrich your practice.
- The applicant for this fellowship must be an Indian citizen, currently resident in India, practicing vocal music in the Indian classical tradition.
- The recipient should not be holding a similar /government scholarship or award during the same tenure.
- He / she should be below the age of 30 years on 31st December in the year of application
The applications may be sent to the following email: email@example.com
The Downloaded application form may be filled in by hand or by type and should be emailed in with the following attachments as listed below.
The subject line should read as: Indian Classical Music Award 2019
- Kriteka Iyer
- Nirbhay Saxena
- Radhika Poduval
- Ashok Viswanathan
- Shatavisha Mukherjee
- Anjana Rao
- Deepika V
- Anagha Bhat
- Siddhartha Jagannath