Inlaks Research Travel Grants
Research Travel Grants
INLAKS RESEARCH TRAVEL GRANTS
Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation invites applications for the selection of the Inlaks Research Travel Grants in 2013. The deadline for receiving applications for the grants is October 15, 2013.
The Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation has been supporting innovative work in research and scholarship for more than three decades. The “Inlaks Research Travel Grant” is geared to assist registered PhD. students of Indian universities to undertake short-term visits to universities abroad to collect material, use facilities and consult experts.
WHAT DOES THE AWARD OFFER?
“Inlaks Research Travel Grant”
offers financial support for a maximum of 3 months at a university/institution/library abroad. The Grant will cover:
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Discounted air fare
- Maintenance expenses at a modest rate
- Funds for buying material and books, and making copies of relevant literature.
The applicants must
SUBJECTS FOR WHICH THE GRANT IS AVAILABLE
- hold confirmed Ph.D registration for at least two years but for not more than four years.
- have a first class degree at either Bachelor’s (Honours) or Master’s level, preferably both.
- be under 35 years of age on 31 December in the year of applying.
Humanities and Social Sciences
WHAT MUST THE APPLICANTS SUBMIT?
LAST DATE OF RECEIVING APPLICATION FORMS
October 15, 2013.
- Fully filled form for “Inlaks Research Travel Grant”. The forms may be downloaded from the Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation website: www.inlaksfoundation.org
Sample of written work (3000-5000 words) on the subject of the candidate’s research. This should preferably be a draft (with full annotation and documentation) of a chapter of the PhD thesis along with details regarding the reading list, surveys, or any other work done towards the thesis.
- Evidence of having communicated with concerned persons or institutions abroad and having received a positive response.
- A written and signed statement from the applicant’s supervisor stating:
The fully filled in forms and other enclosures must be sent by post to the following address: 86/87 Atlanta, Nariman Point, Mumbai 400 021.
(NOTE: The candidates short-listed for the interview will be informed by November 2013. The final interviews will be held by December 2013).
This form can be downloaded, filled in and sent by post to the following address:: Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation, C/o Inlaks India Foundation, 86/87 Atlanta, Nariman Point, Mumbai 400 021
The awardees for this category have been as follows :
for the year 2012:
1. Shams Tabrej
2. Vanessa Chisthi
3. Vasundhara Jairath
for the year 2011:
1. Debarati Bagchi
2. Srinayani Reddy
3. Sukalyan Chanda
for the year 2010:
1. Arpita Mitra
2. Debapriya Basu
3. Mohan Bera
for the year 2009 :
1. Joe Thomas Karackattu
2. Amit Ranjan
for the year 2008 :
1. Ashima Das
2. Ramit Das